Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 33 - Cookbook - Appetizers for Dummy's

This book was a wedding shower gift for me from my husbands grandmother. She had never met me - perhaps she did not know that I could cook. Anyhoo, today I am offering: Cookbook - Appetizers for Dummy's. Need I say more? Nevertheless, here is a recipe.....


Cocktail Franks in Spicy Barbecue Sauce

1 onion

2 cans (5 ounces each) tomato paste

4 cups water

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons white vinegar

2 tablespoons molasses

2 teaspoons dry mustard

1 teaspoon salt

2 pounds cocktail franks

Mince the onion.

Lightly spray a 4-quart slow cooker with vegetable oil cooking spray.

Combine all the ingredients except the franks, including 1/4 cup minced onion, in the slow cooker.

Cover and cook on High for 1 to 2 hours, or until hot.

Separate the franks if they’re attached.

Add the franks and cook for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment