Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 47 - Audiobook: What Should I Do With My Life

Today I am offering the audio version of: What Should I Do with My Life? Apparently I don't know what I should do with my life yet, because I have not listened to it. It is on my computer and I'll add it to my to-do list, as it does look very interesting!!

What am I doing with my life today?? Being a mom and a Realtor. Taking care of my husband and my dog. Trying to give back one day at a time.

In What Should I Do with My Life? Po Bronson manages to create a career book that is a page-turner. His 50 vivid profiles of people searching for "their soft spot--their true calling" will engage readers because Bronson is asking himself the same question. He explores his premise, that "nothing is braver than people facing up to their own identity," as an anthropologist and autobiographer. He tackles thorny, nuanced issues about self-determination. Among them: paradoxes of money and meaning, authorship and destiny, brain candy and novelty versus soul food. Bronson’s stories, limited to professional people and complete with photos, are gems. They include a Los Angeles lawyer who became a priest, a Harvard MBA catfish farmer turned biotech executive, and a Silicon Valley real estate agent who opened a leather crafts factory in Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment