Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 43 - Mint Green Turkish Bathrobe

This was a Christmas present - and it was so kind and generous. But, I don't wear robes and really just don't need it. I am hoping someone else will get great use from it!! Today, I am offering a: women's size large mint green Turkish cotton bath robe.

These might be the hardest things to post - gifts. It really is making me second guess what gifts to give others - what will they really want or need or use! I have a good friend who swears by "the gift that goes away." That means you use the gift and then it is gone - some ideas are: a candle, gift certificate, notepaper, food, etc. I'm thinking this might be something I take more to heart.

And, as I am typing my husband said a good gift can be an experience - weather through a gift certificate or not. The ability to experience something and make a memory can be far more appreciated than the tangible.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Dave that a gift of an experience is also a great idea! Having special memories can be so much nicer than something that sits around the house. If I've given you a gift that you want to freecycle, go for it! :-)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that experience gifts are great too. one of the best gifts that I ever had was given to me a few years ago by a friend who saw that I just never had any time alone.

    She called me and told me she needed me for a couple of hours-and that she'd pick up my favorite sandwich and meet me at her house. When I got there, we ate lunch. She led me down to her basement where she had a foot bath ready, candles burning, soft music playing and magazines for me to read. She gave me the controller to her massage chair, and some iced tea and told me to relax, that she would come and get me in a couple of hours. She actually took my cell phone and left me alone. It was great! I read, listened to music and napped.

    After a couple of hours I was totally refreshed and recharged. It was a pretty inexpensive gift but totally thoughtful. A gift that really met a need that I didn't realize that I had. I will always love that gift and hope to be thoughtful enough and creative enough to bestow gifts like that to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of giving classes, trips, dinners - I guess that goes to the experiences thing. I would rather DO something with the person or give them the option to do something...then give them a trinket.

    The other thing, now that many have kids, is giving photos of your kid. A nice photo is always a great gift (I think!)

    ReplyDelete